31/7/10

Hair for Hope 2010

Last Sunday, I went to Vivocity to witness some brave souls who shaved for a good cause.

Hair for Hope event invites members of the public to shave their heads to show their support for children with cancer and create awareness of childhood cancer in Singapore.

Go to www.hairforhope.org.sg for more details.

You will notice that most of the photos I took are females shavees because I think female will need more courage than guys to shave off their hair, especially those with longer hair.


Cutting off her long hair, getting ready to shave.


Queuing up…


Group from Nanyang Polytechnics (NYP)


‘Back’ scene


Stylists at work


Long or short, they are brave (Didn’t get to see them shave).


He shaved over 20 heads so far (Edmund from ITE Simei).


Queuing up to get their certificate.


The only female I captured from start to end.


Top done


Back


Done. Shavee holding her hair


See, I still have my hair after I shaved!


Mr Tay with his family

Photos: ksong
Camera: D80
Lens: 17-50mm
Copyright © 2010 ksong. All rights reserved.

1 comments:

D'lon said...

Hey there! I am Beatrice. Saw your comment at the HFH page. ;) I kept my hair and would love for it to go further to help! Have checked Recycle Your Hair, thank you so much! :D
I am shaving again this year and, do check out my facebook page for my 'sweet' bid to raise funds this year! ;) http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=239378709408633

Post a Comment